Call for papers
University of Crete, Greece, ITMO University Russia supported by Foundation for Research and Technology - Hellas (FORTH), and National Center for Cognitive Research, announce 2021 International Young Scientists Conference and Intensive Training School for young researchers and professionals in computational science.
Simulation and systems thinking is one way to explain the complex world in which we live. By collecting big data and building computer models, scientists can make predictions or even preventions in critical situations. The Conference aims to strengthen the ties between young scientists in different countries, thus promoting future collaboration in the framework of Computational Science and major application aspects of big data, high performance computing, computer modeling and simulation to tackle a wide range of issues in science, industry and business. Special topics of the conference will include also the cognitive models, such as opinion dynamics, media science, data mining of social web as well as sentiment analysis. Additionally, the Conference includes the Intensive Training School, which aims to train participants by means of best practices in data operations, analytics and building of models.
We invite the submission of original papers at most 10 pages, written in English, which contains statements and solutions (or research) of a specific problem within the limits of the conference subjects. Each paper will be evaluated in a double-blind review process. By submitting a paper, the authors declare that the manuscript is original, has not been published before and is not currently being considered for publication elsewhere. More detailed information could be found in Paper Submission Instructions page.
Each paper accepted needs to have at least one author registered, which is expected to provide a prerecorded video of the research results.
All accepted papers will be published in Procedia Computer Science Journal (indexed in Scopus, Conference Proceedings Citation Index, INSPEC).
- Modeling and Simulation of Complex Systems
- Big Data and Data-intensive Applications
- Machine Learning and Cognitive Information Technologies
- Problem Solving Environments
- Parallel and Distributed Computing Architectures and Systems
- Visualization, VR & AR in Computational Science
- High Performance Data Analytics and Convergence with HPC
- Paper submission deadline: April, 25th, 2021 May, 5th, 2021 (extended)
- Notification of acceptance: May, 28, 2021 , June 1st, 2021 (extended)
- Conference Sessions: June, 28 – July, 2, 2021
- Camera-proof copies: July, 15th, 2021